Large home appliances are a bit difficult to pack and move and when an international move is on the schedule, they need careful packing. You must hire an international shipping company to pack and ship your load with expertise and professionalism.
If you have taken it upon yourself to pack all of your large electrical appliances, you need a complete guide as to how you can pack your belongings in the best way possible so that they do not suffer any damage during the long journey.
A refrigerator is a large appliance and therefore, it needs a thorough cleaning and packing. Here is the step-by-step process.
• The first thing is to defrost it completely by unplugging it at least 48 hours before the packing.
• Remove all the fragile and removable parts and pack them separately.
• Clean the insides completely.
• Before packing it, secure the door of the appliance with tape so that the door does not open at all during the journey.
• Secure the power cord at the back.
• Wrap the appliance with moving blankets on all sides and secure it with a tape and rope.
• Place the appliance with the help of helpers on a dolly and secure it with rope.
• It is advised not to tilt the appliance too much and keep it in a standing position at all times if possible.
The washing machines can be a bit tricky as they may contain water in hoses which can damage the machine if the water runs out to the electrical panel. Here is the process to pack it.
• Unplug it from the power and drain off all the water.
• Make sure that all the hoses have been drained and there is no residual water in the machine.
• Dry it with a cloth and tie the power cord at the back.
• The drums in your washing machine are its weak points. Use transportation rods to stop them from moving during the transit.
• Shut the door of your machine and wrap the moving blankets around it generously.
• Place it on the moving dolly with the help of your helpers and use a rope to tie it tightly.
A dishwasher needs gentle packing and these steps will help you to do so.
• First of all, disconnect the power and remove all the dishes.
• Remove all the racks and silverware basket from it.
• Drain off all the water and remove the water hook-ups.
• Once it is dried with a cloth, shut the door tightly and secure it with a tape.
• Tie the cord to the back.
• As the last step, wrap it with a moving blanket and you are good to go.
These tips seem quite easy to apply but packing these large appliances is no joke. You need to make an overseas journey so the packing must be robust. You are advised to hire an international moving company to ensure the safe arrival of these appliances to your new home.
GET A FREE QUOTE