Everything You Need To Know About Furniture Shipping
Whether you are moving to another place for a short duration or changing your “Home-Sweet-Home” for a lifetime, one thing that you do need in your new place is furniture. It’s easy to pack your house for a few months and resume your normal life after coming back. But when your move is a longer one, i.e. due to marriage, job or you are simply changing state or even country due to any reason; you cannot leave all your stuff and furniture behind.
With all your stuff, you can ship your furniture to your new destination. Furniture shipping with an experienced and professional mover or shipping company can be very helpful, especially in global moves. When you have to ship a lot of stuff, every extra pair of hands is welcome.
What Is The Best Way To Ship?
The answer to this question is very simple. You just need to hire a global furniture shipping company who will take this huge task of your furniture shipping in its own expert hands. They are reliable, professional, and experienced. And not only that they ship your furniture, but they come to your place, pack all of it, load it into the truck, and ship them overseas. If you need, they can also deliver your furniture to your new place with the help of their destination agent.
It’s not that you cannot ship your furniture on your own but there are several aspects that you need to consider here.
• First thing is that you need to pack all of the furniture, which is not an easy task. Furniture includes your large double bed, couches, sofas, lounge and study chairs, dressing tables, dining tables, and many others. Each of these items is a different one and requires a different kind of packing and packing material. You cannot pack your dining table in the same way as you pack your dressing table with that large mirror, can you?
• You don’t want to arrive in your new place with one or two broken bones or some severe injuries, right? Not that it should happen, but if you will try lifting heavy furniture, something you may not have done ever in your life, it is most likely to get your toe under a heavy couch or get your elbow rubbed into a wall or door. Thus, it is important to hire a full-service furniture shipping company that can do all the lifting and loading.
• When you are making a move to another state, the formalities are there, but less as compared to an international move. You need to keep all your documents, ready, get your visa, finalize a home, ship your stuff in time, and so many other things and all of them with your work or job. It’s not easy. You need someone to lessen your burden and a furniture shipping company can do that.
• Your stuff needs to be taken to the port in order to be shipped. A truck is required for this purpose. Only an expert can judge the right size of the truck for your stuff. They will ask you a few questions about your furniture before booking. You need to be honest and they will decide on the truck size that you need.
• Every single item that is shipped through a port is checked and there are certain legal formalities that you need to fulfill in order to load your shipment on the ship. These furniture shipping companies are experts and know what documents are required and what formalities can get the clearance for the shipment with ease. Hiring them is not only a better option but it is a time-saving option too.
• There is a question that everybody asks i.e. if they are providing these services, they must be charging a good amount. But you need not worry about that. There are several furniture shipping companies out there. Competition has increased and all of them offer competitive prices so you can choose one of them. Get quotes from 4-5 companies, weigh your options, and find the suitable one as per your needs.
Proper planning is the key to success. So, in order to successfully ship your furniture to your new destination, hiring a furniture shipping company is the best choice. All you need to do is hire them and pay the price to handle your entire burden with expertise.
Keys for Successfully Shipping Furniture
Mostly, the furniture consists of large items. Apart from all the electric appliances, clothes, silverware, books, antiques, and miscellaneous stuff, they require special attention. If you are doing the household packing on your own and hiring a company for your furniture pieces, there are certain things you need to keep in mind to make your furniture shipping successful.
• Decide What to Ship
You don’t need to ship that rocking chair which you love but it is about to give up anytime or that large couch you are thinking of getting rid of for quite some time. Dispose of the stuff that will be cheaper to buy instead of shipping it. Shipping costs are high and you don’t want to pay for any stuff that will hardly make it to your new place, do you?
• Furniture Size
If your furniture can be disassembled, it is better to do that and tape all pieces into one. This way it will eat up lesser space. Also, if you are shipping your stuff through air freight, which is better suited for smaller pieces and may cost a burden on your pocket, it is imperative that you break down your furniture in smaller pieces. And if possible, choose sea freight which is more affordable.
Furniture shipping companies are happy to help you out in packing your stuff. After all, they also want to ensure that your furniture arrive to its destination in one piece. You need to inform the furniture shipping company about the type, number, and accurate measurements of your furniture so that they can bring the right packing material for your stuff. Also, they provide you a quote based on this information so, be honest.
• Other Points
Make sure that you keep an inventory of all your items. Also, label the boxes with the name of the furniture inside. You will need to book a storage facility in the process, there will be insurance, packing material cost. So, do include some extra expenses in your budget and make your move accordingly.
• Final Words
If you can spare time and you have friends who can help you in packing all your furniture, you can very well do everything on your own and hire a furniture shipping company to just drop and get your furniture shipped. But, if you need to make a move fast without losing any time, hiring a full-service global furniture shipping company is the right choice.
GET A FREE QUOTE